604 camp sites and 6 group sites. Sandy beaches on Lake Simcoe. Weekly education programs, cycling, boating, fishing, playgrounds and a sports field. Cross country skiing (no groomed trails). Tel: (905) 722-8061 Website
Ages: All ages
Major Intersection: Park Road & Black River Road
Address: 26465 York Road 18, R.R.#2, Sutton West, ON
- There are picnic sites throughout the park and at the main beach. Group picnic shelters in the day-use area accommodate 50- 100 people.
- The Parks store sells groceries, fast food, ice cream, souvenirs, camping supplies.
- There’s a comfort station and changing facilities next to the beach.
- Personal Floatation Devices are available at the registration office and boat rental concession.
Good to Know
- 604 camp sites (284 have electrical service), and 6 group sites.
- There’s a sports field next to the Park store where you can play baseball, football and soccer.
- Two playgrounds in the west campground, one in the east campground and one at the main beach.
- One hiking trail 2 kms long rated as ‘easy’.
- Weekly education programs put on by park staff including nature and historical walks, evening programs with guest speakers and videos, and children’s crafts and games.
- Wildlife viewing, cycling, boating and fishing.
- No groomed trails in the wintertime but cross country skiers are welcome.
If you make an inquiry, please mention that you saw this listing on the Melanie On-The-Go / Kids On-The-Go website. Thank you!
Want to give your two cents?
Share your thoughts below with other parents, caregivers and management. Only the rating and your child's age are mandatory, the rest is up to you!